David Bowie - Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)
NME.COM feature on David Bowie - Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) album including album review, artwork, tracks, listen now, tour dates, discography and more.
Release date: 30 November 1991
Tracklisting click track to read more
- It's No Game (Part 1) (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Up The Hill Backwards (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Ashes to Ashes
- Fashion (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Teenage Wildlife (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Scream Like A Baby (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Kingdom Come (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Because You're Young (1999 Digital Remaster)
- It's No Game (Part 2) (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Space Oddity (re-recorded single B-side, 1979)
- Panic in Detroit (re-recorded version, 1979)
- Crystal Japan (Japanese single A-side, 1979)
- Alabama Song (UK single A-side, 1979)
Rather than reinventing Bowie, it absorbs his past and moves it on, hungry for more
- Mar 4, 2013
Downbeat lead track from 'The Next Day', his first album in 10 years
- Jan 8, 2013
Live Santa Monica ’72
- Jul 1, 2008
Documentary is due to air on BBC Two this weekend (May 25)
Legend describes his former band member as 'a great man'
Bolder also played with Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash
David Bowie - Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps): Wikipedia Album Entry
"Scary Monsters... and Super Creeps" is an album by David Bowie, released in September 1980 by rca Records.
It was Bowie's final studio album for the label and his first following the so-called "Berlin Trilogy" of "Low", ""Heroes"" and "Lodger" (1977-1979). Though considered significant in artistic terms, the trilogy had proved less successful commercially.
With "Scary Monsters", however, Bowie achieved what biographer David Buckley called "the perfect balance" and the album peaked at no.1 in its second week of release.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Artist/Album artwork images hosted by Last.fm. For copyright enquiries please see here.