David Bowie - The Best of David Bowie 1969/1974
NME.COM feature on David Bowie - The Best of David Bowie 1969/1974 album including album review, artwork, tracks, listen now, tour dates, discography and more.
Release date: 02 May 2000
He might have floated himself on the stock market recently, but there was a time when David Bowie was close to the zeitgeist.
HE MIGHT HAVE FLOATED himself on the stock market recently, but there was a time when David Bowie was close to the zeitgeist. In 1976, he introduced himself as The Thin White Duke and managed somehow, unlike his peers, not to totally alienate the outrageous, safety-pinned and body-scarred punk youth. As a rock star who personified otherness and inspired clones by the thousand, Bowie...
- Aug 11, 1998
Tracklisting click track to read more
- Jean Genie
- Space Oddity (1990 Digital Remaster)
- Ziggy Stardust (1990 Digital Remaster)
- John, I'm Only Dancing (1990 Digital Remaster)
- Rebel Rebel (1990 Digital Remaster)
- Let's Spend The Night Together (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Suffragette City (1990 Digital Remaster)
- Oh! You Pretty Things
- Velvet Goldmine
- Drive-In Saturday
- Diamond Dogs (1990 Digital Remaster)
- Changes (1990 Digital Remaster)
- Prettiest Star
- Life on Mars?
- Aladdin Sane (1999 Digital Remaster)
- Man Who Sold The World
- Rock & Roll Suicide
- All The Young Dudes (2003 Digital Remaster)
Rather than reinventing Bowie, it absorbs his past and moves it on, hungry for more
- Mar 4, 2013
Downbeat lead track from 'The Next Day', his first album in 10 years
- Jan 8, 2013
Live Santa Monica ’72
- Jul 1, 2008
New visuals use found footage from World War 1
The version of 'Space Oddity' features in new film 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty'
The video features a naked couple embracing and kissing
Artist/Album artwork images hosted by Last.fm. For copyright enquiries please see here.