Queen - Classic Queen
NME.COM feature on Queen - Classic Queen album including album review, artwork, tracks, listen now, tour dates, discography and more.
Release date: 21 October 1994
'There's certainly a few tracks,' said the guitarist in a new interview
A cull in Gloucestershire was pulled after the government failed to reach their target
"They're pretty good - one of them is great," says drummer
Queen - Classic Queen: Wikipedia Album Entry
Classic Queen is a 1992 compilation of songs by the English rock band Queen. It was issued in order to capitalize on the sudden Queen fever generated in the United States following the release of the movie Wayne's World, and consequently, though it was critically acclaimed as an excellent compilation, it did not fit in with the previous Queen compilations. It overlapped both the 1981 Greatest Hits and the 1991 Greatest Hits II, and contained a few tracks not found in either of the previous releases; to remedy this situation, Hollywood Records re-released Greatest Hits in the U.S. only, containing two different tracks from the 1981 release but designed specifically to complement Classic Queen. Accumulated sales (Greatest Hits II and Classic Queen for the US and Canada combined) are in excess of 17 million worldwide.
# Title Writer(s) Length
1. "A Kind of Magic" (from A Kind Of Magic, 1986) Roger Taylor 4:23
2. "Bohemian Rhapsody" (from A Night At The Opera, 1975) Freddie Mercury 5:59
3. "Under Pressure" (from Hot Space, 1982) Queen and David Bowie 4:02
4. "Hammer to Fall" (from The Works, 1984) Brian May 3:38
5. "Stone Cold Crazy" (from Sheer Heart Attack, 1974) John Deacon, May, Mercury and Taylor 2:14
6. "One Year of Love" (from A Kind Of Magic, 1986) Deacon 4:26
7. "Radio Ga Ga" (from The Works, 1984) Taylor 5:49
8. "I'm Going Slightly Mad" (from Innuendo, 1991) Queen (Mercury and Peter Straker) 4:21
9. "I Want It All" (from The Miracle, 1989) Queen (May) 4:01
10. "Tie Your Mother Down" (from A Day At The Races, 1976) May 3:44
11. "The Miracle" (from The Miracle, 1989) Queen (Mercury) 5:02
12. "These Are the Days of Our Lives" (from Innuendo, 1991) Queen (Taylor) 4:14
13. "One Vision" (from A Kind Of Magic, 1986) Queen 5:08
14. "Keep Yourself Alive" (from Queen, 1973) May 3:47
15. "Headlong" (from Innuendo, 1991) Queen (May) 4:38
16. "Who Wants to Live Forever" (from A Kind Of Magic, 1986) May 5:13
17. "The Show Must Go On" (from Innuendo, 1991) Queen 4:31
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Artist/Album artwork images hosted by Last.fm. For copyright enquiries please see here.