The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
NME.COM feature on The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album including album review, artwork, tracks, listen now, tour dates, discography and more.
Release date: 25 October 1990
A second collection of Fab Four Beeb performances will be a hit stocking filler for Beatlemaniacs
- Nov 8, 2013
Fab Four mash-up brings the magic back to the circus
- Nov 17, 2006
Uneven and frequently boring in its entirety, but a modern curio nonetheless...
- Apr 9, 2002
Tracks from Kings of Leon, Katy Perry and Bob Dylan are also among those featured on the charity release
Leading British composer died at his home in Dorset
Kevin Howlett also says there is unlikely to be a third 'Live At The BBC' compilation
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band: Wikipedia Album Entry
Released in June 1, 1967
Recorded at Abbey Road December 6, 1966 – April 21, 1967
Label: Parlophone UK, Capitol US, EMI.
Producer: George Martin
Genre: Psychedelic Rock
* John Lennon – lead, harmony and background vocals; lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars; Hammond organ and piano; bass guitar; handclaps, harmonica, tape loops, sound effects and kazoo; tambourine and maracas
* Paul McCartney – lead, harmony and background vocals; lead electric and acoustic guitars; bass guitar; piano and Hammond organ; handclaps, vocalizations, tape loops, sound effects and kazoo
* George Harrison – lead, rhythm, acoustic and bass guitars; sitar; lead, harmony and background vocals; tamboura; harmonica and kazoo; handclaps; maracas
* Ringo Starr – drums, congas, tambourine, maracas, handclaps and tubular bells; lead vocals; harmonica and kazoo; final piano E chord
Additional musicians and production:
* Neil Aspinall – tamboura and harmonica
* Geoff Emerick – recording and mixing engineer; tape loops and sound effects
* Mal Evans – counting, alarm clock and final piano E chord
* Matthew Deyell – tambourine
* George Martin – producer and mixer; tape loops and sound effects; harpsichord (on "Fixing a Hole"), harmonium, Lowry organ and glockenspiel (on "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"), Hammond organ (on "With a Little Help from My Friends"), and piano (on "Getting Better" and the solo in "Lovely Rita"); final harmonium chord.
* Session musicians – four French horns on "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", arranged and conducted by Martin and McCartney; string section and harp on "She's Leaving Home", arranged by Mike Leander and conducted by Martin; harmonium, tabla, sitar, dilruba, eight violins and four cellos on "Within You, Without You", arranged and conducted by Harrison and Martin; clarinet trio on "When I'm Sixty Four", as arranged and conducted by Martin and McCartney; saxophone sextet on "Good Morning, Good Morning", arranged and conducted by Martin and Lennon; and forty-piece orchestra (strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion) on "A Day in the Life", arranged by Martin, Lennon and McCartney and conducted by Martin and McCartney
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Artist/Album artwork images hosted by Last.fm. For copyright enquiries please see here.