The Prodigy - The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One
NME.COM feature on The Prodigy - The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One album including album review, artwork, tracks, listen now, tour dates, discography and more.
Tracklisting click track to read more
- Intro Beats / Rasmus / Hardnoise / Chemical Brothers / Ultramagnetic MCs / Lightning Rod Featuring Jalal / Ultramagnetic MCs / Time Zone / Track no. 1
- Bomb The Bass / Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five / The Charlatans/ Prodigy / Jane's Addiction / Tim Dog / Track no. 2
- Babe Ruth / The B Boys / Chemical Brothers / Word Of Mouth / Track No.3
- DJ Mink / KLF / Franky Bones / Meat Beat Manifesto / Herbie Hancock / 45 King / Propellerheads / Beastie Boys / Track no. 4
- Sex Pistols / Fatboy Slim / Medicine / Track no. 5
- DST / JVC Force / Primal Scream / Beastie Boys / Barry White / Public Enemy / JBs / T La Rock / Track no. 6
- LL Cool J / Digital Underground / Uptown / Coldcut / Track no. 7
- London Funk Allstars / West Street Mob / Hijack / Renegade Soundwave /The Beginning Of The End / Jimmy Castor Bunch / Track No. 8
O2 Academy, London, December 18
- Jan 8, 2013
Vulgar, garish and perfectly old skool: Keith, Liam and Maxim are back and as incendiary as ever. Cardiff International Arena, Sunday, April 5
- Apr 14, 2009
- Feb 18, 2009
|Dec 16, 2013||Bournemouth International Centre||Bournemouth|
|Dec 31, 2013||The O2 Arena||London||
Tickets not currently available.
Rudimental, Jaguar Skills and Modestep will support on December 31 gig
Chase and Status, Rudimental and Groove Armada will also play Mayrhofen, Austria next April
Dance titans will play Saturday night at the Cheshire festival
The Prodigy - The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One: Wikipedia Album Entry
Released 22 February 1999 In XL Recordings
Prodigy Presents: The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One is a 1999 solo mix album by Liam Howlett of The Prodigy (the latter was used as a moniker in this case), and it was initially produced for BBC Radio 1's mix show The Breezeblock.
There are roughly 50 tunes from many artists mixed, scratched and cut. The album came about as a result of a 1998 guest DJ appearance by Howlett on Mary Anne Hobbs's Breezeblock show on the UK radio station Radio 1, producing a similar set.
In a bid to stop popular bootleg copies of the show, an official album, essentially an extended version of the Breezeblock mix, was released. The two mixes are not quite the same as permission to use certain tunes was not forthcoming for all samples. Most notable is the removal of The Beatles' Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Artist/Album artwork images hosted by Last.fm. For copyright enquiries please see here.