New music gets a new home on NME.COM as of this week.
The launch of NME Breakthrough supported by Blackberry, plus the relaunch of our NME.COM/NewMusic section mean that discovering new bands, staying abreast of the latest must-hear albums and track releases and swapping recommendations with other music fans have never been easier.
Join up to Breakthrough today to banter with other NME readers, showcase your own band/music to the world (and NME staff who'll be hand-picking their favourites to appear in the magazine each week) and listen to new tracks rated by other users.
Don't hang around - we're on the look out already for an act to play London's Lovebox festival in July - just the first of many opportunities that Breakthrough will be presenting to those who get involved.
At NME.COM/NewMusic you'll find all you need to keep your listening charged with the best new sounds - be that breaking bands or the finest new releases.
Regulars to enjoy every day now include:
- Radar editor Jaimie Hodgson bringing you his favourite new artists every week in our New Band Of The Week feature and his daily Radar blog.
- Reviews editor Emily Mackay writing about the best new releases in the Reviews blog, including First Listens to albums as they arrive in the office, 10 Tracks To Hear This Week and fiery debate around the must-hear albums of the week.
- This Week's Releases listed, with links to reviews to find out more.
- The Radar Guest Blog where bands, music industry names and the likes of Kate Nash, Scott Wright of Pinglewood.com, and celebrated music journalists will be putting their thoughts on page for you to interact with (aka tear to shreds).
- The Daily Download continues to pump out MP3s like they're going out of fashion, including recently new tracks from Midnight Juggernauts, The Drums, The xx and loads more. There's free MP3s daily alongside a round up of the 10 best free downloads on the net on Thursdays and the Friday Remix Re-Up.
- The best of NME Breakthrough: superclever robot web feeds will bring you the cream of Breakthrough's bands and tracks - as voted for by your fellow Breakthrough users - every day.
My personal favourite new music currently? 'Canada' by Treasure, a young guy from east London. Here's hoping you find some gems you just can't stop listening to either.
Watch the track's video here, then let us know below what else we could be doing on NME.COM to provide the best new music coverage for you...
David Moynihan, Editor, NME.COMM