June 23, 2014
Aaron Paul says he will not appear in 'Breaking Bad' prequel, 'Better Call Saul'
"To be honest, it's not gonna happen," says actor behind Jesse PinkmanBuy DVD and Blu-ray
from Amazon UK
Aaron Paul has ruled out an appearance in the upcoming Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.
As confirmed, the spin-off show will focus on Bob Odenkirk's lawyer character Saul Goodman and is set begin in 2015. A second season of the show has already been commissioned before the first even begins.
However, speaking to the Huffington Post, Paul dismissed the possibility of seeing his character Jesse Pinkman making an appearance, stating: "To be honest, it's not gonna happen."
He continued: "There's rumours floating around that I'm going to be doing it, but that's simply not the case. I mean, we've joked around it, but it's a prequel. I have no idea how Jesse would show up. I'm much older now."
Previously, both Paul and his Breaking Bad co-star Bryan Cranston had shown an interest in appearing in Better Call Saul. Speaking of his plans and casting options for the show, creator Vince Gilligan said: "The sky's the limit with a prequel. Everybody who's now deceased in the Breaking Bad world is obviously still alive. You never know who might turn up and when and where."
Jonathan Banks, who played private investigator Mike in Breaking Bad, will also serve as a regular cast member on Better Call Saul.
- Previous: North Korean officials slam Seth Rogen's 'The Interview'
- Next: Milo Ventimiglia rules out starring in 'Heroes: Reborn'