First for music news
This Week's Issue
You’re logged in

June 20, 2014

'Better Call Saul' premiere pushed back to 2015 as second season is confirmed

'Breaking Bad' spin-off will begin early next year

'Better Call Saul' premiere pushed back to 2015 as second season is confirmed

A second season of Better Call Saul, the Breaking Bad spin off focusing on lawyer Saul Goodman, has been commissioned while the first season has been delayed until 2015.

Deadline reports that the first season of the light-hearted spin off show will now not air until 2015, despite producers originally planning to release the series later this year.

The 10 episode first series will air on AMC from early 2015, a slight delay from the original plan of November 2014, with Breaking Bad show runner Vince Gilligan set to direct the first episode. AMC also confirmed that a second, 13 episode, series has already been ordered.

"When introducing any series, especially one with the DNA of Breaking Bad, there are countless factors to consider in making sure the show gets the launch it deserves," said AMC President Charlie Collier. "We have a strong history with Vince, Peter, Bob, the studio… and all share a focus on making it a true television event. No half measures."

Previously, Breaking Bad stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul had shown an interest in appearing in Better Call Saul. Speaking of his plans and casting options for the show, creator Gilligan said: "The sky's the limit with a prequel. Everybody who's now deceased in the Breaking Bad world is obviously still alive. You never know who might turn up and when and where."

Jonathan Banks, who played private investigator Mike in Breaking Bad, will also serve as a regular cast member on Better Call Saul.

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Latest Videos
Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Most Read News
Popular This Week
New Issue Out Now
Inside NME.COM
Newsletter

Free weekly music news, videos and MP3s in your inbox

On NME.COM Today