August 13, 2013
Christian Bale offered £40 million to return as Batman in 'Man Of Steel' sequel?
Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin also said to be 'in the running' to play the caped crusaderBuy DVD and Blu-ray
from Amazon UK
Christian Bale has reportedly been offered a massive salary of £40 million to reprise his role as Batman.
Man Of Steel director Zack Snyder revealed at San Diego Comic-Con last month (July) that Batman will join Henry Cavill's Superman in his forthcoming sequel - and dropped a heavy hint that the two won't see eye to eye.
It's since been rumoured that Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin are "in the running" to play Bruce Wayne, but now a source has apparently told The Sun that ''Bale is facing extraordinary pressure'' to dust off his cape in return for a hefty pay cheque.
Speaking last month (July), Bale insisted that he wouldn't play Batman in Justice League, the mooted superhero ensemble movie that would potentially bring together a team of DC Comics favourites including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern in the style of Marvel's The Avengers.
"We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That's enough. Let's not get greedy," Bale said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly on July 1.
Production on the Batman-assisted sequel to Man Of Steel is expected to begin next year and Warner Bros are targeting a summer 2015 release date. Since its release on June 14, Man Of Steel has raked in nearly $650 million (£420 million) at the box office worldwide.
- Previous: Natalie Portman hints that 'Thor 3' is already in the works
- Next: Chloë Grace Moretz defends 'Kick-Ass 2' violence and swear words