March 14, 2013 12:43
'Dumb And Dumber 2' could happen next year, says Jim Carrey
Carrey says he and Jeff Daniels are 'excited' but the sequel has yet to be given a green light
Jim Carrey has suggested that he and Jeff Daniels could begin filming Dumb And Dumber 2 next year (2014).
Dumb And Dumber 2 was first announced last April, but appeared to fall apart over the summer when Carrey reportedly pulled out. However, Daniels later insisted that he and Carrey remain "keen" and filmmakers the Farrelly Brothers have given the sequel an official title: Dumb And Dumber To.
Carrey has recently confirmed that he is fully on board, saying: "I'm ready!" Now he has given a quick update, admitting that the sequel is unlikely to happen in the immediate future. He told WorstPreviews: "We're talking about it. Jeff [Daniels] and I are really excited about it and hopefully next year we'll be able to do that."
Speaking back in January, Peter Farrelly revealed that the sequel has "no firm green light yet because there are still negotiations happening". Earlier this month (March), Carrey confirmed this is still the case.
Written and directed by Peter and Bobby Farrelly, the original Dumb And Dumber came out in 1994 and starred Carrey and Daniels as dimwitted friends on a road trip. A prequel called Dumb And Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd followed in 2003, but it did not feature the original stars or any involvement from the Farrelly Brothers.
- Previous: 'Veronica Mars' movie will happen after fans pledge $2 million on Kickstarter
- Next: Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan appear in new 'Scary Movie 5' trailer - watch