February 11, 2014
Filming on 'Star Wars: Episode VII' to start in May?
Reports say shoot will run until September (2014)Buy DVD and Blu-ray
from Amazon UK
Director JJ Abrams will start shooting Star Wars: Episode VII in May, according to reports.
Little information has been revealed so far about Abrams' plans for the sci-fi blockbuster, but HitFix says that the filmmaker will begin work on the project in mid-May and that the shoot will run until September of this year (2014). It was previously revealed that shooting would take place at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, with the film set to open in cinemas on December 18, 2015.
A host of actors have been linked with roles in Star Wars: Episode VII, with Gary Oldman the latest star to have confirmed he has held discussions with the studio about being involved in the project. Judi Dench was also recently rumoured to be taking on a role in the flick, while Atonement's Saoirse Ronan and The Wire actor Michael B Jordan have both revealed they have auditioned for roles.
Benedict Cumberbatch, who worked with Abrams on last year's Star Trek Into Darkness, has also been linked to the project too and Zac Efron recently let slip that he had held preliminary talks with the film's producers.
It was also recently revealed, meanwhile, that Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford will reprise their roles from the original trilogy in the film. The trio portrayed iconic characters Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in the first run of films.
- Previous: New trailer for Richard Ayoade's 'The Double' starring Jesse Eisenberg revealed – watch
- Next: 'Captain America in conflict with Miley Cyrus generation,' says director