February 26, 2014
'Ghostbusters III' to go ahead despite death of Harold Ramis, say reports
Long-promised sequel remains on track, according to sourcesBuy DVD and Blu-ray
from Amazon UK
Ghostbusters III is set to still go ahead despite the death of actor and writer Harold Ramis, according to reports.
Ramis, who wrote both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II with Dan Akroyd and played the character Egon Spengler, was set to be involved in a third film in the series but passed away earlier this week of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis.
The Hollywood Reporter, however, says that the project is still on track. "There will be some repercussions," said a source. "He was always great to bounce something off of, and that will certainly be missed. But it won't affect the script."
The Office: An American Workplace writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky are set to work on a script for the film, while filmmaker Ivan Reitman – who was behind the camera for both 1984's Ghostbusters and its subsequent sequel – will return as director. It has previously been suggested that Emma Stone and Jonah Hill have been sounded out about the possibility of appearing in the film.
Ramis, who also worked as a writer and director on films including Analyse This with Robert De Niro and Groundhog Day with Bill Murray, has inspired a wealth of tributes from fellow celebrities since his passing, with Justin Timberlake, Zach Braff, Billy Crystal, Julianne Moore and Rashida Jones all among those to pay their respects to the actor. Speaking in a statement, meanwhile, his family said: "His creativity, compassion, intelligence, humour and spirit will be missed by all who knew and loved him."
- Previous: Russell Crowe urges Pope to watch 'Noah' film on Twitter
- Next: Director Robert Rodriguez talks 'Sin City 2'