July 16, 2014
'Heroes: Reborn' will be a 'fresh take' on original series, claims show's creator
Tim Kring reveals that idea to reboot sci-fi drama came from NBC, not himBuy DVD and Blu-ray
from Amazon UK
Tim Kring, the man behind Heroes and its forthcoming reboot, Heroes: Reborn, has confirmed that the new version of the show will see a "fresh take" on what has gone before.
As previously reported, Heroes: Reborn will begin filming this year and will air on US TV in 2015. Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Kring revealed that NBC approached him with the idea of bringing the sci-fi drama back to TV screens and also what he hopes to bring to the series.
"To be honest, it wasn't a pitch from me, it was a pitch from NBC to me," Kring said. "They saw the value in that franchise and brand and asked if I was interested in helming it again. And we had left the story in a place where we had more story to tell.
"So given the opportunity, I had ideas of where I wanted the story to go originally when we were hoping for a fifth season and so when we were given the opportunity five years later, some of those same thoughts were there as to where this story goes.
"But five years had passed and I also had new ideas on how to reboot the brand in a way that gives people a whole fresh take on the series with a whole host of new characters, but gives you that sense of you're in that world of Heroes you're familiar with."
It has been confirmed that Jack Coleman will return as Noah Bennet although Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet) says she will not be appearing. Similarly, Milo Ventimiglia previously confirmed that he will not be appearing in the series, nor will Ali Larter.
The original series of Heroes launched in 2006 but was cancelled after four seasons and was about a group of unrelated individuals from around the globe who discover they have superhuman powers. No official confirmation of cast members beyond Coleman have been announced.
You can watch a trailer announcing Heroes: Reborn below.
- Previous: Fatboy Slim claims DJs told Simon Cowell to 'fuck off' over dance music version of 'The X Factor'
- Next: Sacha Baron Cohen criticised by local councillor for his portrayal of Grimsby