October 15, 2012
'Insidious' sequel moving forward, says director James Wan
Patrick Wilson is set to return in the follow-up to last year's psychological horror hit
The sequel to hit horror movie Insidious is moving forward, says the film's director.
Released last year (2011), Insidious was written by Leigh Whannell and directed by James Wan, the creators of the Saw franchise. It starred Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne as parents of a young boy who becomes possessed when they move into a new house. You can watch the trailer below.
Shot for just $1.5 million (£930,000), Insidious was hailed as the most profitable film of 2011 after grossing over $97 million (£60 million) worldwide. Wan and Whannell are currently working on a sequel.
When asked for an update by ShockTillYouDrop.Com, Wan replied: "I think the sequel to Insidious is kind of my reaction to Saw, where for my own reasons I wasn't as involved in the sequels. So I felt with Insidious that it would be good to shepherd it and keep it more in track to the version I had when I made the first film, so that it doesn't detour too far. So yeah, I'm kind of working with Leigh on the story and the script."
Meanwhile, Wan has reunited with Patrick Wilson for a new movie called The Conjuring, which is scheduled for release in July 2013. Another fright film, it stars Wilson and Vera Farmiga as paranormal investigators.
Wilson is also on board for Insidious 2 and told ShockTillYouDrop.Com that it will probably be his next acting assignment. He said: "We're still trying to figure out this Insidious sequel and then we should jump onto that. I think that will probably be [my] next big thing. I might find something small in between that I can dig into, but I'm happy being a dad."
- Previous: 'The Woman In Black' sequel hires 'Misfits' director Tom Harper
- Next: 'The Dark Knight Rises' Blu-ray trailer released - watch