June 20, 2012
Kristen Stewart tops list of highest-paid actresses
According to Forbes, the 'Twilight' actress has earned $34.5 million over the last 12 months
Kristen Stewart has been named the highest-paid actress in Hollywood.
According to Forbes magazine, the Twilight actress made $34.5 million between May 2011 and May 2012 thanks to her involvement in the vampire film franchise and her role in Snow White and the Huntsman.
Stewart, who now commands an estimated fee of $12.5 million per film, beat Cameron Diaz, who earned a reported $34 million during the period, into second place. Sandra Bullock placed third with reported earnings of $25 million, while last year's highest-paid actress, Angelina Jolie, made an estimated $20 million to appear fourth.
At 22, Stewart is the youngest actress to appear in Forbes's top ten, while 62-year-old Meryl Streep - said to have earned $12 million - is the oldest.
Explaining how it compiled its annual highest-paid list, Forbes said: "We considered upfront pay, profit participation, residuals, endorsements and advertising work. We talked to managers, agents, lawyers and other in-the-know folks to come up with our estimates. We did not deduct for things like agent fees or the expenses related to being a celebrity."
The ten highest-paid actresses according to Forbes are:
1. Kristen Stewart ($34.5 million)
2. Cameron Diaz ($34 million)
3. Sandra Bullock ($25 million)
4. Angelina Jolie ($20 million)
5. Charlize Theron ($18 million)
6. Julia Roberts ($16 million)
7. Sarah Jessica Parker ($15 million)
8. Meryl Streep ($12 million)
9. Kristen Wiig ($12 million)
10. Jennifer Aniston ($11 million)
- Previous: 'Sesame Street' to be made into movie?
- Next: 'Game of Thrones' star Harington cast in 'How to Train Your Dragon' sequel