January 9, 2012
Melissa McCarthy casts further doubt on 'Bridesmaids 2'
Star says she will not return for a second film without Kristen Wiig
Bridesmaids star Melissa McCarthy has vowed not to return for a sequel without Kristen Wiig.
Last week it emerged that Universal is considering moving forward with a follow-up to last year’s smash hit comedy, despite the reluctance of its main star and co-writer. Wiig said that she and collaborator Annie Mumolo are working on a different project.
Now, Mike And Molly star McCarthy, who played Megan in the film, has cast further doubt on the proposed sequel. She told E! Online:
God, I wouldn't want [to return without Wiig]. I would never want to. I think it's a terrible idea.
But she added that she is still in the dark about any proposed sequel to Bridesmaids. "I don’t [know] anything about it. But I know that nobody wants to do it unless it's great. If it is, I will show up wherever those ladies are."
It had been suggested that members of the ensemble cast were unhappy with the $100,000 bonus they each received following the film's success.
You can watch the trailer for the movie at the top of the page.
- Previous: 'Glee' stars definitely returning to show after characters graduate
- Next: Jeremy Clarkson makes over £2 millon from 'Top Gear' profits