April 19, 2012
Mickey Rourke confirmed for 'Sin City 2'
Rosario Dawson also returning for 'A Dame To Kill For'
Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson are the first names confirmed to be returning for the Sin City sequel, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Talking to MTV, director Robert Rodriguez divulged little on which new faces might be joining the follow-up, including the Angelina Jolie rumours, but was more forthcoming on who would be coming back. He said:
We haven't done any casting yet, except for the people who we know are already in it and returning. I just had lunch with Mickey [Rourke] this weekend. He's all excited to come back, but he's probably the first one. I saw Rosario [Dawson] too. I ran into her for something else, and she's pumped.
As for Jolie's possible inclusion the From Dusk Til Dawn and Planet Terror director said, “I haven't even gotten to meet with her yet about it or discuss with Frank about who we would want.” With her recent fiancé Brad Pitt's connection with Rodriguez buddy Quentin Tarantino the speculation over Angelina taking on some part in the Frank Miller adaptation has resurfaced.
It seems that despite the news earlier this week that Sin City 2 is a definite go, it might still be some time before casting begins in earnest, with Rodriguez still to finish his follow-up to Machete, Machete Kills.
Sin City: A Dame To Kill for has no official release date but is expected to arrive late next year.
- Previous: Mel Gibson's latest foul-mouthed rant caught on tape
- Next: Francis Lawrence picked as director for 'The Hunger Games' sequel