June 28, 2013
New 'Terminator' film trilogy to begin on June 26, 2015
But there's no mention of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the official announcement
Paramount Pictures has announced it will release a "rebooted" Terminator movie on June 26, 2015.
The reboot will be the first in a new stand-alone trilogy of Terminator films made by Paramount in partnership with Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures, a press release reveals. Shutter Island writer Laeta Kalogridis and Drive Angry scribe Patrick Lussier are attached to pen the script.
The press release also confirms that the reboot will be produced by Megan Ellison, who lists Spring Breakers and Zero Dark Thirty on her CV, and David Ellison, whose recent production credits include Star Trek Into Darkness and World War Z.
However, somewhat surprisingly the release contains no mention of Arnold Schwarzenegger, who recently confirmed his return to the franchise. "I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star AS the Terminator, which we start shooting in January," he said earlier this month (June).
Schwarzenegger originated the iconic role in 1984's Terminator and returned for 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day and 2003's Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines. A fourth instalment, Terminator Salvation, followed in 2009 without Schwarzenegger, who was then serving as Governor of California.
- Previous: Vin Diesel says Marvel has requested a mysterious meeting
- Next: Julianne Moore wanted for final two 'Hunger Games' films