December 12, 2013
Peter Jackson says he'll shoot 'Tintin' sequel when he finishes 'The Hobbit'
Jackson says he still wants to make next film in series
Peter Jackson has revealed that he will shoot a Tintin sequel once he has finished work on The Hobbit.
Released in 2011, The Adventures Of Tintin was directed by Spielberg using computer animation and motion-capture performances from actors including Daniel Craig, Andy Serkis and Jamie Bell. Jackson served as a producer on the film, which grossed over $373 million (£231 million) worldwide.
Spielberg and Jackson are set to swap roles for a sequel, but the project's future has been put into doubt due to the New Zealand filmmaker's commitment to The Hobbit trilogy. Speaking to Coming Soon, Jackson confirmed: "As soon as I’m free of The Hobbit, I’ll be going back into doing Tintin."
He added: "It was held up by The Hobbit, but we have every intention of doing another Tintin movie and it’s just waiting on me to be done with these Hobbit movies."
Jackson's next film, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, will open in cinemas on December 13 this year (2013), before the trilogy concludes with There And Back Again in December 2014. The first film in the series, An Unexpected Journey, was released in December last year and took over $1 billion (£670 million) at the box office worldwide.
- Previous: Lost Peter Sellers films found in a skip set for British film festival
- Next: Jenna Coleman says 'Doctor Who' will be 'a different show' with Peter Capaldi