April 22, 2014
Quentin Tarantino to continue with 'The Hateful Eight'
Director had previously shelved project due to script leak
Quentin Tarantino has decided to continue with his The Hateful Eight film, according to reports.
The filmmaker shelved plans to make the Western in January of this year after the script was leaked online. Tarantino, who had first revealed his intentions to start work on the picture in November 2013, was reportedly livid after the leak and described it as a "betrayal".
However, BBC News reports that Tarantino told audience members at a reading of the axed script in LA, which featured Samuel L Jackson, Tim Roth and Michael Madsen, that he was working on a second draft of the screenplay.
"I'm working on a second draft and I will do a third draft but we're reading from the first draft," he said.
Speaking previously about the leak, Tarantino had said: "I'm very, very depressed. I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn't mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it's gotten out today."
He later added: "I give it out to six people and if I can't trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I'll publish it. I'm done. I'll move on to the next thing. I've got 10 more where that came from."
Tarantino's last film, Django Unchained, was a critical and commercial hit upon its 2012 release and subsequently won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, with Christoph Waltz pick up the Best Supporting Actor gong.