November 6, 2012
Report: Harrison Ford open to 'Star Wars' return
He's said to be 'upbeat' about the idea of making another appearance as Han Solo
Harrison Ford is reportedly "open" to the idea of returning as Han Solo in the new Star Wars movie.
Ford's original Star Wars castmates Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are reportedly willing to consider coming back too. A 'highly-placed source' is said to have told Entertainment Weekly: "Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it, all three of them are."
Last week (October 31), Disney announced plans to make a new trilogy of Star Wars films after buying Lucasfilm from George Lucas for $4.05 billion (£2.5 billion). Episode VII is earmarked for release in 2015.
Star Wars creator Lucas has written treatments for the new trilogy and handed them over to Disney. He will serve as "creative consultant" on the new Star Wars movies, but will not play an active role in their development.
Predictably, the rumour mill is already cranking into gear. Earlier today (November 6), it was reported that X-Men's Matthew Vaughn is "in talks to direct" the next Star Wars film.
Meanwhile, it's worth nothing that in the past, Harrison Ford has spoken less highly of Star Wars than some of his other notable movie roles. During a 2010 interview with ABC, he said of Han Solo: "As a character he was not so interesting to me."
He also admitted that he wanted Solo to be killed off in 1983's Return Of The Jedi, adding: "I thought he should have died in the last one to give it some bottom… [but] George didn't think there was any future in dead Han toys."
- Previous: Nicolas Cage signs up for 'The Expendables 3'
- Next: Coldplay's Will Champion to play a drummer in 'Game Of Thrones'