February 18, 2013
Reports claim that Harrison Ford has signed on for 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
Actor is said to have agreed to reprise role as Han SoloBuy DVD and Blu-ray
from Amazon UK
Harrison Ford has signed on to take part in Star Wars: Episode VII, according to reports.
The actor has yet to confirm his involvement in the film, and neither Disney nor director JJ Abrams have verified the reports, either. But in an appearance on Fox News, reporter El Mayimbe from Latino-Review claimed that Ford has agreed to reprise his role as much-loved bounty hunter Han Solo in the flick.
"Back in November Harrison Ford said he was open to the idea of returning as Han Solo, but it's official," he said. "Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars movies. It's huge. It hasn't been reported anywhere yet. He's officially coming back as Han Solo."
Yesterday, Ewan McGregor revealed that he would be interested in reprising his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a Star Wars spin-off. Disney's current plans for spin-off films include vehicles for Han Solo and Boba Fett.
Reports have suggested that Solo's film would be set in the time period between Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope, while the Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. This would leave plenty of opportunities to involve characters that would not have been killed yet such as Darth Vadar and Jabba The Hutt.
Last year Disney announced plans to buy Lucasfilm and make another Star Wars trilogy, starting with Star Wars: Episode VII and releasing Episode VIII and Episode IX two to three years apart. Recently Star Trek director JJ Abrams was confirmed as director for Episode VII, which is expected to hit UK cinemas in 2015.
- Previous: New Superman Henry Cavill discusses 'Man Of Steel'
- Next: Hugh Grant becomes a dad for the second time