October 31, 2013 11:35
Ridley Scott gives 'Prometheus 2' update: 'It's written'
However, director does not reveal when he plans to start shooting the sequel
Director Ridley Scott has given another update on Prometheus 2, saying the sequel is "written".
Released in June 2012, Prometheus was conceived as a sort of prequel to Scott's 1979 classic Alien. Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace starred as members of a spaceship crew attempting to prevent the extinction of the human race. The film received a somewhat mixed response from critics and sci-fi fans but performed well at the box office, grossing over $400 million (£255 million) worldwide.
20th Century Fox gave Prometheus 2 the go-ahead in August 2012 but since then progress has been slow. Scott recently said the sequel "is being written right now" but in a new interview with Empire the director appeared to suggest the script is now finished, saying: "Prometheus 2 is written."
Scott did not reveal when he plans to start shooting Prometheus 2 but explained that he already has two other film projects in his diary, suggesting the sequel could be a while off. "I have already got the next two films ready to go. That will be 2014, 2015…" Scott said.
Prometheus had a script rewritten by Lost creator Damon Lindelof from an original draft by Jon Spaihts, but Lindelof has confirmed he is not involved in the sequel. This June (2013) it was reported that up-and-coming sci-fi screenwriter Jack Paglen was in negotiations to pen the screenplay for Prometheus 2.
- Previous: Ron Burgundy from 'Anchorman' introduces his 'highly anticipated autobiography' - watch
- Next: Ron Burgundy from 'Anchorman' disses UK Halloween celebrations - watch