March 24, 2014
Robert Rodriguez talks 'Sin City 3'
Director says he knows 'what stories' third film would involve
Robert Rodriguez has spoken about his tentative plans for Sin City 3.
The second installment in the neo-noir comic book franchise, Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For, is set to open in cinemas this summer (August 29, 2014). However, speaking to Total Film, Rodriguez said he had already begun plotting the details of a follow-up film.
He said: "We've already talked about a third film and what stories it would involve. We haven't written it out yet, but we know what stories we'd do, which ones would be original and which ones would be adapted."
Co-directed by Rodriguez and Frank Miller based on the latter's series of graphic novels, the original Sin City was a hit with critics and film fans back in 2005. The film's stellar ensemble cast included Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Mickey Rourke and Jessica Alba.
Willis, Dawson, Rourke and Alba will all reprise their roles for the sequel, while new additions to the cast include Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Josh Brolin, Ray Liotta, Jeremy Piven and Juno Temple. Click below to watch a trailer.
- Previous: Ricky Gervais hints at David Brent spoof tour documentary
- Next: New image of Karen Gillan in 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' revealed