NME.COM

Schwarzenegger says he'll be back for 'Terminator 6' after this year's 'Genisys'

'Terminator Genisys' will see Arnie return to the franchise for the first time since 2003

Press
Arnold Schwarzenegger has apparently confirmed he will return for Terminator 6 following this year's fifth instalment Terminator Genisys.

Terminator Genisys, set for release on July 1, sees Schwarzenegger return to the iconic title role for the first time since 2003. He is joined by Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke, who takes on the role of Sarah Connor made famous by Linda Hamilton, as well as by Jai Courtney, Jason Clarke and former Doctor Who star Matt Smith.

Although Terminator Genisys is still four months away from being released, it has already been reported that Paramount is planning a pair of follow-up films. Asked if he'll be returning for the rumoured Terminator 6, Schwarzenegger told a fan site: "Yes, of course, next year".

Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) directed this year's Terminator Genisys from a screenplay by Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry). The film was shot between April and August of this year in New Orleans and San Francisco, using an estimated production budget of $170 million (£110 million).

The franchise's last instalment, Terminator Salvation starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington, opened in 2009 to poor reviews and performed relatively disappointingly at the box office worldwide. Bale admitted last year (2014) that his Terminator film "didn't work".

Share This

Connect With Us
This Week's Magazine