July 30, 2014
Secret Cinema's 'Back to the Future' run will go ahead
Organisers confirm opening night for Thursday July 31st
Secret Cinema's Back to the Future screenings will go ahead with the opening night confirmed for Thursday July 31st.
Founder of Secret Cinema, Fabien Riggall said: “We are happy to announce that Secret Cinema Presents Back to the Future will go ahead.
We are extremely sorry for the delayed communications of last week. We know we let our audience down and will do everything we can to make it up to them.”
The company was forced to cancel the opening night of its Back to the Future screenings and three subsequent dates in east London's Hackney Wick due to "unavoidable circumstances" which left thousands of fans irate.
Secret Cinema have since pledged to offer full refunds, or the chance to reschedule tickets, to the disappointed ticket holders of the July 24th-27th run.
The immersive film-experience company apologised to ticket holders last week via the event's Facebook page and said it was "devastated" it was "unable to receive guests" and that the event could go not go ahead.
Taking to the company's Facebook page, fans voiced their disgust at the evening's "shambles" with many angered by the late notice after paying £53.50 per ticket to experience the 1985 Robert Zemeckis directed adventure.
Secret Cinema made 84,000 tickets available for their latest production which features live music, theatre and role-play but after advising audience members not to bring their phones many arrived at the secret location for last week's planned opening night unaware the event had been cancelled.
- Previous: 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 poster backlash
- Next: 'The Inbetweeners 2' - new clip released