First for music news
This Week's Issue
You’re logged in

November 27, 2012

'Sherlock' series three to be delayed?

Filming has reportedly been pushed back from January to March because the actors are so busy

'Sherlock' series three to be delayed?

The return of Sherlock could be delayed because stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are so busy.

Series three of the BBC detective series was supposed to begin filming in January, but according to Entertainment Weekly, production has been postponed until March because of the actors' packed schedules.

Some fans had been hoping that BBC One might show the new series over the summer, but sources are now said to be predicting a "late 2013" return date.

The first series of Sherlock aired in summer 2010, with a second run following in early 2012. Since then, the show's stars have become increasingly in demand. Freeman stars as Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy, whose first instalment hits cinemas this December. Meanwhile, Cumberbatch has roles in Star Trek Into Darkness, The Hobbit and a new Meryl Streep movie called August: Osage County.

Back in September (2012), it was reported that their busy schedules will make series three of Sherlock the last. However, neither actor has responded to this rumour and Cumberbatch has previously said that he will "always find time" for the show.

Read More On This Artist

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Latest Videos
Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Most Read News
Popular This Week
New Issue Out Now
Inside NME.COM
Newsletter

Free weekly music news, videos and MP3s in your inbox

On NME.COM Today