'Sherlock' stars 'banned' from revealing new series plot details

Three new episodes of the hit BBC1 detective series are expected to air later this year (2013)

'Sherlock' stars 'banned' from revealing new series plot details

The cast of Sherlock have apparently been "banned" from discussing plot developments in the new series.

Andrew Scott, who plays Sherlock's sworn enemy Moriarty, told the Sunday People: "If I told you what happens they would kill me."

He then added: "It has been fantastic filming the new series but we have all been banned from telling our families or friends what is in the scripts. We are not allowed to speak to anyone."

Series three of Sherlock will feature three new 90-minute episodes and is expected to air on BBC1 later this year (2013). Mark Gatiss (pictured right), the show's co-creator, revealed on Twitter on May 23 that the cast have finished filming the first two episodes and confirmed that "episode three begins shooting later this summer".

The first series of Sherlock aired in summer 2010, with a second run following in early 2012. Since then, the show's stars have become increasingly in demand. Martin Freeman stars as Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy, while Benedict Cumberbatch has landed roles in several high-profile films, including Star Trek Into Darkness and the forthcoming August: Osage County starring Meryl Streep.

Discussing the long-term future of the show, Andrew Scott said: "I don't think everyone thought it would be so successful. I can see it still on TV in 20 years as we all started working on it very young."

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Latest Videos
Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
NME Store & Framed Prints
New Issue Out Now
Inside NME.COM
Newsletter

Free weekly music news, videos and MP3s in your inbox