July 16, 2014
Shooting on Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' put back to 2015
Kurt Russell claims he will begin work on troubled film next year
Filming on Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight has been delayed until 2015, according to actor Kurt Russell.
Tarantino shelved plans to make the Western in January after the script was leaked online. The director, who had originally intended to start work on the picture in November 2013, was said to be livid after the leak, describing it as a "betrayal".
It was subsequently reported that filming would begin in November 2014 with a cast including Bruce Dern, Samuel L Jackson, Michael Madsen, Kurt Russell and Amber Tamblyn.
However, speaking to MyFoxPhilly, Russell reveals that date is not as accurate as previously thought. He said: "I've got a Tarantino project called 'The Hateful Eight' that looks like it may go somewhere around the beginning of the year."
The Hateful Eight is set in post-Civil War Wyoming with regular Tarantino collaborator Jackson playing a bounty hunter alongside Russell, while Dern will star as a Confederate General, Madsen a cowboy and Tamblyn a female prisoner.
Tarantino's last film, Django Unchained, was a critical and commercial hit upon its 2012 release and subsequently won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, with Christoph Waltz picking up the Best Supporting Actor gong.
- Previous: 'Boyhood' producer offers 'time back guarantee' to anyone who does not enjoy film
- Next: Fatboy Slim claims DJs told Simon Cowell to 'fuck off' over dance music version of 'The X Factor'