June 2, 2011
Simon Cowell: There's 'no truth' to rumours that Britain’s Got Talent is fixed
Music mogul’s spokesperson says they won’t hesitate to take legal action
Simon Cowell's entertainment company Syco has rubbished claims that Britain’s Got Talent is fixed by insisting that there’s "no truth" in the alleged claims made today in an article by someone claiming to be an executive at Sony Music.
The anonymous author – who claimed they worked at Sony Music UK, which is the parent company of Syco – said that the current series of Britain’s Got Talent would be won by 12-year-old contestant Ronan Parke, who they claimed had signed a deal with Cowell’s label two years ago.
However, a spokesperson for Cowell made a statement which denied the rumours, which said: "There is no truth in this story whatsoever. Ronan first came to Syco/Sony's attention when he entered this year’s competition.
"Syco/Sony Music will not hesitate to take whatever legal action is appropriate to prevent further publication of these unfounded allegations.”
Cowell quit his position as a judge on the UK version of The X Factor earlier this year so he could focus his attention on the US version of the show. He recently confessed to feeling guilty about sacking Cheryl Cole from the US X Factor, but claimed his hands were tied by "unimpressed" executives from Fox.
- Previous: Justin Timberlake turns his back on naked scenes
- Next: 'James Bond 23' release date confirmed by Sony