'Sin City 2' to film this summer, says director

Robert Rodriguez says the long-delayed sequel is go

Sin City 2 should start filming this summer, according to director Robert Rodriguez.

The director drew acclaim for his 2005 adaptation of Frank Miller's noir comic book, but though a sequel has always been planned, it has been put off time and again.

Now, he has told the Hollywood Reporter that he is aiming to start production right after he finishes Machete 2. Although he would not be drawn on which characters may feature, he hinted it would be a similarly eclectic mix as in the first film.

Last year, he suggested that the 1993 story A Dame To Kill For would be the major source material for the book. He said: "Sin City 2 is primarily an adaptation of the book A Dame To Kill For. It also features the short story, Just Another Saturday Night, and two new stories, one involving Jessica Alba's character, Nancy Callahan, that I came up with for the movie in order to tie things together and make it for united with the first."

The Sin City series began for Dark Horse Comics in 1991, and ties together a selection of crime stories set in the fictional American western town of Basin City.

Share This

Comments
Don't Miss
Latest Tickets
NME On Social
NME Store