November 14, 2012 16:35
'Skyfall' is the fifth biggest UK film of all time
Daniel Craig's third Bond outing has now taken £72 million at the box office
Skyfall has emerged as the fifth biggest UK film of all time, according to the latest figures.
Daniel Craig's third outing as James Bond has been a critical and commercial smash, and has now grossed £72 million in UK cinemas alone. According to the latest box office numbers, the movie has taken over £10 million on its third weekend.
Avatar remains the biggest ever film on UK screens, followed by Titanic, Toy Story 3 and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
Elsewhere in this week’s box office chart, Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted holds its place at Number Two, while Ben Affleck's Argo is the highest new entry at Number Three, while sporting comedy Here Comes The Boom is also new one place behind.
Chris O'Dowd's The Sapphires is the final new entry on the chart, debuting at Number Seven.
The Top 10 films at the UK box office this week are:
1. Skyfall - £10,447,385
2. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted - £1,357,193
3. Argo - £1,287,770
4. Here Comes The Boom - £433,053
5. Taken 2 - £402,121
6. Hotel Transylvania - £361,994
7. The Sapphires - £337,641
8. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - £252,406
9. Rust And Bone - £154,806
10. Paranormal Activity 4 - £150,652
Watch the trailer for Skyfall at the top of the page.
- Previous: New 'Django Unchained' trailer released - watch
- Next: 'Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2' premiere – watch the red carpet live