March 13, 2013
Sylvester Stallone wants 'young bloods' for 'The Expendables 3'
Sly says Steven Seagal won't be joining the cast, but Jackie Chan could make an appearance
Sylvester Stallone has taken to Twitter to give an update on The Expendables 3. By young I mean 22 to 27. Not big bruisers but tech wizard, super brains and a young woman who is not a sex symbol but funny ,tough,REAL
"Writing EX3 at the moment... there are going to be mountains of surprises," he told over 750,000 Twitter followers, before adding: "EX3 needs NEW blood and more humor.... The films were always meant to be more on the humorous side with moments of drama."
Continuing, Stallone revealed that action legend Steven Seagal will not be joining the cast, but confirmed that Jackie Chan could make an appearance. "No S. Seagal, sorry ,but maybe we get lucky with J. Chan! And some young bloods!!!!" he wrote. Chan appeared to confirm his role in The Expendables 3 at a press conference in December.
In his final Expendables-related tweet, Stallone posted:
Back in November (2012), it was reported that Nicolas Cage had joined the cast for The Expendables 3, but Stallone quickly dismissed this rumour. Producer Avi Lerner had previously revealed that Cage was on his wish list for the movie - alongside Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke.
Released in 2010, the original The Expendables film teamed Stallone with a raft of ageing action heroes, including Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mickey Rourke. The tongue-in-cheek action flick became an unexpected hit at the box office, grossing over $274 million (£174 million) worldwide.
The Expendables 2 added Jean-Claude Van Damme and Chuck Norris to the muscle-bound mix, but Rourke chose to sit it out. The sequel opened in cinemas this August (2012) and has beaten the original at the box office, with worldwide takings exceeding $289 million (£180 million).
By young I mean 22 to 27. Not big bruisers but tech wizard, super brains and a young woman who is not a sex symbol but funny ,tough,REAL— Sylvester Stallone (@TheSlyStallone) March 13, 2013
- Previous: 'Sherlock' series four confirmed by Benedict Cumberbatch
- Next: Steven Spielberg hopes 'Tintin 2' will come out Christmas 2015