- 2014 NME Awards with Austin, Texas special!
Alex Turner celebrates no less than five victories. Macca chats to John Cooper Clarke. Damon and Belle & Sebastian discuss their honours. Metronomy, Drenge, Blondie and The Horrors storm the stage. And Eagulls and Fat White Family bring the chaos. It's the stone cold rock'n'roll night of the year and this is your front row seat.
From house band at CBGB to global new wave and disco megastars, our 2014 Godlike Geniuses relive their spectacular, ground-breaking and influential career. Along the way they talk to Amy Rose Spiegel about the death of the internet, the current stars with the talent to also last 40 years in the business and why they never wanted to be famous in the first place.
- What do Temples make of Interpol before they set out on tour together?
The young psychs assess the competition ahead of the NME Awards Tour with Austin, Texas
- Which song would Angel Haze get a lap dance to?
And what did she sing at karaoke with Leona Lewis? No, really
ALSO INSIDE THIS WEEK
- Why does Tim Burgess want to destroy your turntable? The Charlatans frontman explains how the records he's releasing on his O Genesis label might literally eat your stereo
- Anatomy of an album: Morrissey - 'Your Arsenal'
- In The Studio: Future Islands
- Interviews with:
- Maximo Park
- Circa Waves
- Royal Blood
- Album Reviews:
- Micah P Hinson
- Tim Burgess' O Genesis
- Caught Live:
- The Orwells
- St Vincent
- Drenge, The Wytches and Traams
- Brody Dalle