- The Record That Changed My Life
Yannis Philippakis kicks off 9 pages of brilliant artists revealing the soundtracks to their youth, happiest memories and innermost turmoil. Greg Cochrane is invited to dive into the Foals' frontman's extensive and well-thumbed collection of black plastic
- A Day In The Life Of A Record Store
Hazel Sheffield travels to Bristol's record store Rise – also a coffee shop-cum-clothing emporium – ahead of Record Store Day 2014 to find out how traditional music shops strategise to survive in the current market
- Record Store Day Guide 2014
NME staffers pick their 50 essential purchases to whet your appetite for this year's shopping frenzy. Includes all the most sought-after gems from Bowie and LCD Soundsystem, to Bat For Lashes and Metronomy
- Where's the best place to make an album?
Kelis chose her kitchen and the results are delicious
- What would happen if Bez ruled Britain?
He'd shake his maracas at 'all the fucking fracka's" for a start
ALSO INSIDE THIS WEEK
- Radar Band Of The Week: Sleaford Mods
The chippy Nottingham duo giving music – and life – a good kicking
- What's hairy, has eight legs and is louder than war?
It's Japanese punk psychos Bo Ningen!
- Anatomy of an album: Nas - 'Illmatic'
- In The Studio: Bo Ningen
- Soundtrack Of My Life: St Vincent
- Interviews with:
- Peter Hook
- Chuck D
- Thurston Moore
- Albert Hammond Jr
- Album Reviews:
- Mac DeMarco
- Thee Oh Sees
- Iggy Azalea
- Caught Live:
- Real Estate
- Danny Brown
- Arthur Beatrice
- School Of Language