From Frankie Goes To Hollywood releasing the most controversial single ever in UK pop, to Madonna provoking the church, Elvis having his hips removed from US primetime TV, Marilyn Manson making the most obscene music video ever, and The Beatles getting into more trouble than any other band in history... Here are all the stories and images they didn't want you to see
- Banned! Posters
Feast your eyes on some of the most notorious contraband album sleeves of all time
- From The Vaults: Aphex Twin, 1994
Ahead of the 20th anniversary of 'Selected Ambient Works Volume II', we look back at Ted Kessler's classic interview with electronic auteur Richard D James
- SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
Subscribe to the print edition here, or get this week's digital edition.
- What's 2014 got in store? Bowie, Spotify, Daft Punk, Pussy Riot, festivals and more: all the big questions, all the answers
- Which song would Nile Rodgers play at his funeral? Clue: it's one of his but it's not 'Good Times'
- Why is the Mayor of Liverpool mad with Boris? Never claim The Beatles were a London band...
- Anatomy of an album: Teenage Fanclub's 'Grand Prix'
- Interviews with:
- Holly Johnson
- So Solid Crew
- The Cardigans
- Album Reviews:
- Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
- September Girls
- Ed Harcourt
- Caught live:
- Kurt Vile & The Violators
- Royal Blood
- Primal Scream
- The Pogues
- Wooden Shjips
- Factory Floor