January 4, 2012 15:59
30 Seconds To Mars will not split following recent world tour
It had previously been rumoured that the group would split after their two-year global jaunt
The band have stated that they are currently focussing on the "here and now" and drummer Shannon Leto has also explained: "We've never said this is 'the end."
In an interview with Kerrang!, his brother and frontman of the band, Jared Leto, said:
I think there has been a question mark there for all of us. In part because people started to ask us so much about the future and our reaction is, 'Well, let's talk about the here and now'. Which is important to us.
He added: "We don't know what the future has to hold, but we know we're excited about it and this tour has been the gift of a lifetime. It's been a journey that we'll always look back on, as one of the most informative and fulfilling experiences of our lives."
The band finished their two-year world tour in New York in December 2011. "Over two years we've been pursuing this quest, travelling every continent besides one, playing over 300 shows, winning and losing and fighting and being at peace," said Jared of the gigs.
- Previous: The Streets' Mike Skinner to release memoir
- Next: The Killers will 'definitely' release a new album this year, says Brandon Flowers