November 7, 2013 14:24
Arcade Fire top Official Record Store Chart with 'Reflektor'
Canadian band top sales in 100 independent record shops in the UK
The album, which is also Number One in the Official Album Chart, beat off competition from Lorde and White Denim to land the top spot. The Official Record Store Chart reflects sales in the UK's independent record shops. It was launched as part of last year's Record Store Day, the annual celebration of independent record shops.
Elsewhere in the Top 10 there is a new entry for X Factor winner Matt Cardle's latest album 'Porcelain', which arrives at Number Two in its first week on sale. Meanwhile, albums from London Grammar, Arctic Monkeys, Darkside and Polica stay strong in the Top Ten alongside 'Moon Landing' by James Blunt and William Onyeabbor's 'World Psychedelic Classics 5'
Sales of albums from around 100 independent record retailers who participate in Record Store Day UK. The full Top 40 featuring every week in the new-look NME.
Official Record Store Chart (October 27)
1. Arcade Fire – 'Reflektor'
2. Matt Cardle – 'Porcelain'
3. Arctic Monkeys – 'AM'
4. White Denim – 'Corsicana Lemonade'
5. London Grammar - 'If You Wait'
6. Lorde – 'Pure Heroine'
7. William Onyeabor – 'World Psychedelic Classics 5'
8. Darkside - 'Psychic'
9. Polica – 'Shulasmith'
10. James Blunt - 'Moon Landing'
- Previous: Marilyn Manson makes make-up free appearance in 'Eastbound & Down' – watch
- Next: Bruce Springsteen auctions guitar for £155,000 at New York fundraiser