May 15, 2013 20:36
Beyonce issues apology for concert cancellation
'I've never postponed a show in my life. It was very hard for me,' said the singer
The gig at the Sportpaleis was pulled because the singer was suffering from exhaustion and dehydration and had been advised by doctors to rest. In a statement, via Hollywood Reporter, she said to fans:
I've never postponed a show in my life. It was very hard for me. I promise I will make it up very soon. I'm sorry if I disappointed you.
She went on to say that her show tonight at the same venue will take place as planned. "Thank you for your concern. I'm feeling much better now and I'm ready to give you a great show. See you tonight," she wrote.
Rumours that the star is pregnant with her second child are currently circulating, with yesterday's concert cancellation making fans suspect that there might be truth in the gossip. Beyonce's Mrs Carter Show World Tour is due to finish in New York on August 5.
Beyonce has unveiled a spate of new songs this year, including the track 'Grown Woman', which premiered via a Pepsi advert shown during this year's Super Bowl, and 'Standing In The Sun', which features in a television commercial for high street retailers H&M. It has not yet been confirmed if either song will appear on the singer's forthcoming new album.
- Previous: Fatboy Slim to headline Friday night at Bestival
- Next: Nine Inch Nails bassist Eric Avery quits the band