Ozzy Osbourne injured in house fire started by wife Sharon

Rocker burns hand and singes hair in Beverly Hills incident

PA Photos
Pic: PA Photos
Ozzy Osbourne had to receive medical treatment after being burned in a house fire accidentally started by his wife Sharon in their Beverly Hills mansion this week.

The accident occurred after Sharon Osbourne left a candle lit overnight and it exploded in its glass vase, sparking a fire which took over the living room of their home. Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy was treated by medical staff at home with a fire crew putting the blaze out.

Speaking about the incident on her US TV show, sharon Osbourne said: "Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night. At five o' clock, I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that’s what it sounded like, so I didn’t pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up: 'Something’s weird smelling in here'."

She then added: "Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room was on fire. The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding. My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he’s in a complete cast. He comes down and goes: ‘Oh, the fire, the fire!’ and tries to put it out with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted. Ozzy’s front of his hair from his ear down is, gone! His eyebrows are gone... he’s got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do, go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on, we did it all."

"The firemen come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy’s like: 'She’s been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!'"

Ozzy Osbourne recently revealed that he and Black Sabbath will release new album '13' later this year.

Share This

Connect With Us
This Week's Magazine