December 26, 2011 14:56
Boy George: 'I'm absolutely not going into Celebrity Big Brother'
Culture Club man has no intention of taking part in reality show
The Culture Club singer took to Twitter to distance himself from rumours that he was planning on trying his luck in the reality TV show, after reports circulated that he had demanded £1 million to appear on the programme.
"I'm absolutely not going into CBB! But I am looking forward to Dubai & Australia with Culture Club!
Last week, Boy George revealed that his troubles with the law had inspired him to become more responsible. The singer said that his punishments, including serving community service in 2006 and being handed a prison sentence in 2009, would "never have happened to [David] Bowie" and had subsequently forced him to "grow up".
It was recently reported that rapper Tinchy Stryder had decided to pull out of a scheduled spot in the Celebrity Big Brother house as he was worried it would damage his credibility (December 23).
He said: "Music is my first thing and I love the people that support me and just know in my heart it wasn't the right thing to do."
- Previous: Lady Gaga sued by former personal assistant
- Next: Jessie J: 'There'll be a lot more pain on my second album'