NEW POWER GENERATION! Get Tickets

John Power says this is "just the beginning of a new musical chapter"...

CAST vocalist JOHN POWER has denied a band rift, but has said the group are currently "more about maintaining what Cast have achieved than about chasing something new".

Cast's future has been the subject of increasing media speculation after the band cancelled a number of live commitments including their forthcoming UK tour in support of current album 'Beetroot'.

Over the last week, the UK media speculated the group had been dropped by their label Polydor, while a report in The Sun newspaper (August 22) claimed the band split after John Power walked out.

In a letter to fans on the official Cast website, www.cast.co.uk, the singer claims the "the lads and I have not had a fall-out", but does not elaborate fully on the future of the group.

He wrote:

"Dearest all,

"Contrary to rumour the lads and I have not had a fall-out.

"When Cast started we had dreams and aspirations with us and ahead of us - we had no history and anything seemed possible.

"To keep moving and to keep writing music which you believe in and reflects what you want to say takes enthusiasm and imagination. In my heart of hearts, I have to say lately I feel it has been more about maintaining what Cast have achieved than about chasing something new.

"'Beetroot' to yourself that this is not the end, just the beginning of a new musical chapter.

"Love,

John."

Earlier this week, a spokesperson for the group told NME.COM that the band are taking time out to pursue "solo projects".

Share This

Comments
Don't Miss
Latest Tickets
NME On Social
NME Store