Chris Brown countersues man over Frank Ocean fight

The man originally tried to sue the singer after an altercation outside a recording studio

Chris Brown countersues man over Frank Ocean fight

Photo: PA

Chris Brown has countersued a man who accused the singer and his entourage of attacking him outside a recording studio earlier this year.

Brown has filed a lawsuit against the man, Sha'keir Duarte, who had previously claimed in a lawsuit that he was injured after being punched and kicked by a member of Brown's entourage during the fight, which took place in January outside a West Hollywood studio and is said to have involved Frank Ocean.

As Billboard reports, Duarte sued Brown in August. Brown's countersuit however accuses Duarte of instigating the fight by pushing, kicking and punching him and threatening to kill him. No criminal charges were filed over the fight.

Last month (October 27), Brown allegedly assaulted a man in Washington DC during an altercation outside a hotel. He may face criminal charges.

Brown is still on probation for his 2009 attack on then-girlfriend Rihanna and is due for a hearing in Los Angeles on November 20, during which the new case may be addressed. The R&B singer entered rehab for anger management issues on October 29.

Earlier this year, Brown he told fans that his forthcoming album, 'X', due for release sometime before 2013 is up, is likely to be his last. He wrote on Twitter: "Don't worry mainstream America. After this X album, it'll probably be my last album."

Read More On This Artist

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
Know Your NME
 

 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Inside NME.COM