David Bowie's 'The Next Day' tops 2013 Official Record Store Chart
Iconic artist's new album revealed as best selling album of year in independent record stores
The album beat competition from Arctic Monkeys and Daft Punk to land the top spot. Elsewhere in the Top 10, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds are at Four with their album 'Push The Sky Away', while Queens of the Stone Age's '... Like Clockwork' lands at Five. Other entries in the Top 10 come from The National, Jake Bugg, Mumford and Sons, Boards of Canada and Vampire Weekend.
Launched as part of last year's Record Store Day, the Official Record Store Chart reflects sales in the UK's independent record shops. A full list of the Top 20 can be seen here now.
The chart is made up of sales of albums from around 100 independent record retailers who participate in Record Store Day UK. The full Top 40 features every week in NME.
Official Record Store Chart
1. David Bowie – 'The Next Day'
2. Arctic Monkeys - 'AM'
3. Daft Punk – 'Random Access Memories'
4. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – 'Push The Sky Away'
5. Queens of the Stone Age – '... Like Clockwork'
6. The National – 'Trouble Will Find Me'
7. Boards Of Canada – 'Tomorrow's Harvest'
8. Mumford and Sons – 'Babel'
9. Jake Bugg – 'Shangri La'
10. Vampire Weekend – 'Modern Vampires of the City'