July 31, 2011 12:56
Disturbed: 'The demise of metal and hard rock forced us to go on hiatus'
Chicago band deny there's any animosity behind indefinite break
Earlier this week, the Chicago band cited "internal issues" when they announced plans for an extended break at the end of their current US tour.
However, frontman David Draiman has now said there is not "any animosity" in the band - and instead voiced concerns about the "state of the music industry".
He told Billboard.com:
The industry is still in a state of reformation; it is on the verge of collapse, in my opinion. It's a frightening time, and I think after 10 to 12 years straight of touring it's just a good time for Disturbed to go away for a while and wait for the phoenix to rise from the ashes
Draiman also insisted that the band are still good friends and that the break isn't down to "bad blood". He added: "We just had dinner together last night."
Disturbed released their fifth studio album, 'Asylum', in 2010. They hinted at plans to take a break in an interview with NME at Download Festival last month - scroll down and click below to see a clip of the chat.
- Previous: Hear The Kills cover Marilyn Monroe's 'One Silver Dollar' on NME.COM
- Next: Professor Green compares Kate Nash with Krusty The Clown from 'The Simpsons'