December 9, 2013 14:40
Emeli Sandé named UK's biggest selling album artist for second year running
Releases by Jake Bugg, Rod Stewart and Daft Punk also feature in 2013's biggest selling albums of 2013
The singer's debut LP was released last year, but it again scored the largest number of UK album sales in 2013. It has sold almost 640,000 copies so far this year, marking a total of 2.03 million units sold since it was released in February 2012, according to the Official Charts Company.
In second place in the 2013 top sellers list is Michael Buble's 'To Be Loved', which has racked up almost 456,000 sales this year, whilst The Motion Picture Cast Recording of Les Miserables is in third with 452,000 sales. Bruno Mars is in fourth place with 450,000 sales for 'Unorthodox Jukebox' and Rod Stewart's 'Time' is in fifth place with 394,000 sales.
Elsewhere in the Top 10 Biggest Selling Artist Albums Of 2013 are Jake Bugg's debut 'Jake Bugg', Arctic Monkeys' 'AM', Daft Punk's 'Random Access Memories' and Mumford & Sons' 'Babel'.
The Top 10 Biggest Selling Artist Albums Of 2013 are:
1. 'Our Version Of Events' - Emeli Sandé
2. 'To Be Loved' - Michael Buble
3. 'Les Miserables' - Motion Picture Cast Recording
4. 'Unorthodox Jukebox' - Bruno Mars
5. 'Time' - Rod Stewart
6. 'Jake Bugg' - Jake Bugg
7. 'AM' - Arctic Monkeys
8. 'Bad Blood' - Bastille
9. 'Random Access Memories' - Daft Punk
10. 'Babel' - Mumford & Sons
- Previous: St Vincent unveils new track 'Birth In Reverse' and confirms new album details – listen
- Next: Arcade Fire headline KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas