New sci-fi movie is scheduled for 2018
Benicio Del Toro has reportedly pulled out of talks to star in the forthcoming The Predator reboot.
The star was believed to have been in negotiations for the lead role in remake of the 1987 movie, but he has reportedly fallen out of discussions with 20th Century Fox over the part.
Sources have told The Hollywood Reporter that Del Toro’s scheduling was a “stumbling block” after his other films were rejigged.
The studio are now thought to be eyeing Logan actor Boyd Holbrook as the new lead.
Shane Black is directing the film after previously starring in the original as Rick Hawkins, who was the first to die at the hands of the Predator.
The original motion picture was directed by John McTiernan and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as soldier Major Alan ‘Dutch’ Schaefer, who was hunted by an alien monster in the jungle along with his squad of commandos.
50 Cent recently said that he will be involved in the forthcoming Predator reboot.
Although there’s been no confirmation from the studio, 20th Century Fox, or the director, the rapper said that he’s in line for a role in the fourth film in the franchise.
Little is known about the project, but insiders have suggested that it is not going to be a reboot, but will instead take the form of a direct sequel. Black is a screenwriter of some renown, having penned Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3.
Schwarzenegger has also hinted that he could reprise his role as Major Schaefer in the new film.
The Predator is currently slated to be released on March 2, 2018.