Daisy Ridley denies ruling out return to ‘Star Wars’ after current trilogy ends

The force is strong with this one...

Star Wars actress Daisy Ridley has denied claims that she has ruled out a return to Star Wars once the current trilogy reaches its conclusion.

Last week, it was reported that the actress had shut the door to a potential return after the release of Star Wars: Episode 9, which is currently set for release in 2019.

But as she gears up for the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Ridley has denied claims that she is against returning to the iconic franchise in the future.

“When I did sign up, I did sign up for three films and that’s where I sort of saw the story ending,” she said.

“I think everyone has perhaps taken that as me going, ‘I don’t want anything to do with it’ which is vastly untrue because this is awesome.”

She also hailed Star Wars: The Force Awakens director JJ Abrams for installing Rey as a leading female character, ahead of his return to direct Episode 9.

“JJ has always put brilliant females in his things,” Ridley said.

“So I think it was wonderful and then the fact it came from a big studio says a lot too, and I think there’s a big change already. Obviously there’s still a long way to go.”

Meanwhile, Last Jedi director Rian Johnson recently revealed the first word that is muttered in the forthcoming sequel.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is set for release on December 14.