Star denies that the series will continue with a single 007 story spread over two separate films
Daniel Craig has denied that the Bond franchise will follow Skyfall with a two-parter.
Earlier this week (October 29), it was reported that screenwriter John Logan had been hired to write a brand new 007 story spread over two separate films. According to the report, Logan had already started drafting his pair of screenplays, which were said not to be based on original works by Ian Fleming.
However, in a new interview with Filmstarts, Craig has dismissed the rumour as “impossible”. He said: “No, I don’t know where that’s come from. It’s impossible to do a two-parter… We can only do them one at a time, they take six months to shoot. You can’t write one movie thinking about the next.”
Meanwhile, Craig re-iterated that he is on board for the next two films in the franchise, adding: “All we’re trying to do is get the next one sorted out and it’ll stand on its own and if I’m able I’ll do another one after that.”
Craig was confirmed for at least two more Bond movies back in September (2012). Meanwhile, Skyfall director Sam Mendes has admitted that he would consider returning, depending on how the audience responds to his first Bond film.
So far, Skyfall is shaping up to be a smash. It opened in the UK to rave reviews on Friday (October 26) and took a whopping £20.1 million at the box office over the weekend. The US release follows on November 9. You can watch the film’s trailer below.