Colin Trevorrow discusses 'Jurassic World' on Twitter
The director of Jurassic World, the fourth film in the Jurassic Park franchise, has opened up about some of the plot details on Twitter.
Colin Trevorrow will helm the project and, speaking to fans on Twitter, he denied that the film would be set a long time after the events of the previous three films. “Reboot is a strong word,” he said. “This is a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of Jurassic Park.”
The blockbuster sequel is a big step up for Trevorrow, whose only previous feature film is Safety Not Guaranteed, an indie comedy-drama made for just $750,000 (£500,000) that came out in December last year (2012), although Steven Spielberg will also return as producer.
As well as directing, Trevorrow co-wrote the latest draft of the screenplay with Derek Connolly, also his collaborator on Safety Not Guaranteed. “We don’t want to create a new scoop here, but we definitely want to honour what came before us,” Trevorrow said in an interview this July. “We are very aware of how much a certain generation especially cares about this movie and we talk about it all the time and really the conversation is: It’s not about us, it’s not about our careers, it’s how do we make something that can stand with the first one.”
Universal Pictures has recently given the film an official release date of June 12, 2015. It will arrive in cinemas nearly 14 years after the last instalment in the dinosaur franchise, 2001’s Jurassic Park III.